Hempcrete is an insulating material, so there still needs to be a post and beam structure.
- Flameproof (Due to Lime and Plaster)
- Mold/Mildew resistant (Lime creates Alkaline environment)
- Insect/pest resistant (Bugs and rodents can’t eat through it)
- Vapor Permeable (Actually breathes)
- Best Natural Insulator (~R2/Inch but studies are showing it preforming even better than that)
- Up 1,314 pounds of water vapor could be stored in 1 cubic metre or 35 cubic feet of hempcrete – so this means that very humid climates will still keep dry and cool because water vapor slowly wicks out of wall (The Hempcrete Book)